Want a happier mind and body? Try practicing self-care.
Your most valuable assets are your mind and body. They both need to be in top shape on a daily basis or they will start to demand it by acting out; getting sick, feeling exhausted, and other health related issues to name a few.
You can find small ways daily to take care of yourself that don’t cut into your busy schedule:
- Exercise. Top of my list, obviously. Definitely a stress releaser! It will make you feel good physically and mentally.
- Morning Gratitude. Take a few minutes when you open your eyes in the morning to think about all the things you’re grateful for, and make some positive affirmations. It will set set the tone for the day.
- Journal writing. It’s extremely therapeutic to write down simple thoughts, experiences, feelings, or anything else that comes to mind for mental and emotional clarity. This allows us to come to a deeper understanding of ourselves.
- Schedule your own time out. Even a few minutes a day to do something for you can help you regroup and refocus.
- Unplug. This one is a hard one especially for someone like me who runs an online business! But at least try to have one part of your day without electronics. What I’ve found helps me is leaving myself unplugged until everyone in my household has prepared for the day. Make everything about the family time in the morning, and save the news feed and emails for when that’s complete.
- Get enough rest. Even though most of us push the limits on this one, our bodies don’t function to their fullest potential without proper rest. Sleep is not only good for the body, but also for the mind. A well-rested body and mind can accomplish great things!
- Positive affirmations. Take moments during the day to remind yourself of how fabulous you are! Think of all the things you have accomplished, and don’t get caught up in your problems or what you see as “failures”. Do and be the best you can everyday.
Dig This Article? Get More Tips from Nichelle...
Sign up for her fit mom newsletter and get her best information to help you balance a healthy life for you and the whole family.