Serves 6 – 8
Who could resist this healthy apple-cranberry crumble! With approx 200 cals per serving, this simple, healthy, delicious dessert is an excellent addition to bring to a dinner party! I made this one to bring as a dessert to our Christmas dinner celebration.
- Cooking Spray
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into quarters
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour, plus an additional 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (for the topping)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- Greek non-fat yogurt (to serve with)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking pan (approx 8 x 8) with cooking spray.
- Toss sliced apples, cranberries, and 1 tbsp flour together. Add 1/4 cup honey (save the rest for the topping) and thoroughly combine them all. Pour into baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup whole flour, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, until combined. Add 1/4 cup of the remaining honey and canola oil and combine. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 45 minutes. Let cool and serve with 2 tbsp. greek yogurt.
Nutritional value per serving: Cals 205, Protein 4g, Carbs 41 g, Fat 4 g, Sodium 25 mg.
- Share on Facebook
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find
this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand.
It seems too complex and very broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post,
I’ll try to get the hang of it!
Thanks for the feedback Hector!