Serves 6 – 8
Who could resist this healthy apple-cranberry crumble! With approx 200 cals per serving, this simple, healthy, delicious dessert is an excellent addition to bring to a dinner party! I made this one to bring as a dessert to our Christmas dinner celebration.
- Cooking Spray
- 6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into quarters
- 1 cup of fresh cranberries
- 1 tbsp of whole wheat flour, plus an additional 1/4 cup whole wheat flour (for the topping)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- Greek non-fat yogurt (to serve with)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a baking pan (approx 8 x 8) with cooking spray.
- Toss sliced apples, cranberries, and 1 tbsp flour together. Add 1/4 cup honey (save the rest for the topping) and thoroughly combine them all. Pour into baking pan.
- In another bowl, mix 1/4 cup whole flour, oats, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, until combined. Add 1/4 cup of the remaining honey and canola oil and combine. Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake in the oven for approx. 45 minutes. Let cool and serve with 2 tbsp. greek yogurt.