Who do you think will win Super Bowl 2018?
It’s Game Day and whether you are a New England Patriots fan (yes!!!) or a Philadelphia Eagles fan, or just watching for the commercials, here are some easy, and delicious recipes that I cooked up to keep my crew of boys satisifed for the entire day!
Tex Mex Egg Whites
8 egg whites
1 tsp. Tex Mex spice (or powdered taco seasoning)
1 avocado, pitted and mashed
1 tbsp. Salsa
1. Add egg whites plus Tex Mex seasoning into a lightly sprayed pan cook over medium heat until cooked.
2. Stir the lime into the avocado.
3. Serve with the avocado and salsa on top.
Kick Off Chili
1 onion, diced.
1 clove of garlic or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb extra lean ground sirloin
1 tablespoon chili powder (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 can diced tomatoes (save reserve in case you need depending on consistency you like)
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (if you also plan to make nachos, save about 1/3 cup)
1. In a large saucepan, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is thoroughly cooked.
2. Drain the beef in a strainer and return to saucepan
3. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
4. Heat the mixture to boiling over high heat. Once mixture is boiling, lower the heat and cover with lid; cook approx. 30 mins., stirring occasionally until desired thickness.
Chicken Breast Nachos
3 – 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 can diced tomatoes (I used remainder from the chili recipe)
1/3 cup kidney beans (I had saved some from the chili recipe)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Party size bag of tortilla chips
1. Combine the chicken Breasts, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and tomatoes in a baking dish.
2. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees Celsius.
3. Remove aluminum foil.
4. Using two forks or your hands, shred the chicken as finely as you like it, and mix to coat the chicken with the juices and tomato mixture.
5. Bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.
6. Once the chicken is cooked, remove and place the mixture in a strainer to drain all the excess juices.
7. On a baking sheet, pile up half the tortilla chips and top with half the chicken. Repeat with the other half of the chips and chicken then top with shredded cheddar and kidney beans.
8. Broil until the cheese melts; about 4 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and serve.
MVP Veggie Tray
Veggies of your choice. I used:
2 large Cucumbers, sliced
4 large Carrots, sliced
1 package of Grape tomatoes
1 Red pepper, sliced
1 Green pepper, sliced
5 Celery stalks, cut into sticks
I added in chocolate (Lindt balls) but of course that’s optional and definitely doesn’t really belong on a veggie tray but I wanted to make sure EVERYONE stays happy 😜
1 small serving bowl of veggie dip. I used Ranch dressing.
Arrange onto a tray of your choice and serve.