Montford Grill House is a restaurant chain here in Ontario that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine. I have had many of my post-competition eats here because their menu offers such delicious, bold, tasty, flavourful items that it’s hard NOT to go here after dieting hard for a show!
One of my favorite dishes on their menu is their Montford Chicken. It is their in house speciality consisting of boneless chicken breast grilled in pineapple and special seasoning. With 3 kids and being VERY pregnant, we decided not to head out for dinner but instead, my husband Dave decided to take it to our own kitchen and whip up a healthy, and just as flavorful version of it. It absolutely blew me away and I devoured (ok and maybe almost licked) the dish it was served on lol!
For those of you wanting to try it yourself, here is the recipe:
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 onion, cut up into big and small chunks
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp + 1/2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Tumeric
- Pinch of cinammon
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, diced
- 2 slices natural ham, chopped natural (alternative to bacon)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 4 Tbsps tomato paste
- In a deep frying pan or wok, saute onion, garlic, parsley, 2 tbsps curry, tumeric, and cinamom in the grapeseed oil on med low until onions are soft.
- Add in chicken breast pieces and sautee until chicjken is almost cooked.
- Add 1/2 tbsp curry, ham and pineapple, and turn heat to med-high and continue to cook for a few minutes.
- Drain any excess juices from pan.
- Stir in tomato paste, and cook for a few more minutes.
You can enjoy this on its own, or in a whole wheat pita, or with brown rice. You can even add hummus, non-fat Greek yogurt, or any other low fat topping to it for that extra zing.
Get started with a FREE 3 Day Kickstart Meal Plan!
- Share on Facebook
Leave A Comment