Have You Made Your Life Plan?
Creating a life plan sounds daunting, what does that even mean, and where should you start?
A life plan is a summary of where you are in all areas of your life that matter to you.
For me, this includes, my health, career, relationships, finances, mental and emotional well-being, and spirituality.
Now that you have an understanding as to what a life plan is, how do you achieve it? You can go to life coaches, for their professional opinion, but I have found that these 6 simple steps have helped me organize my life and stay on track:
- Ask yourself these preliminary questions: Are you where you want to be? What areas do you want to improve? What do you want it to look in the future?
- Identify what brings you joy. What are the activities and people in your life that help you learn, grow, and that hold your attention? The ones that have purpose and meaning, and don’t have you checking your cell phone constantly. The ones that lead you to accomplishment and enjoyment are the ones that you should invest your time in.
- Determine what drains your energy. Think about tasks and situations that demotivate you and drain your excitement. Some time drainers can include emails, personal chats, meetings. Cluttered space and too many commitments are examples of energy drainers.
- Assess what’s not working and how can you fix it. Once you have figured out what’s draining your energy, you need to start the de-clutter phase. The things at the bottom of our priority list can be removed or delegated to someone else so you can begin to focus on the good stuff
- Write down what your ideal life would look like. An ideal life should be based on happiness. Write down what the job of your dreams would be, what the relationship of your dreams would be (family, married, kids, etc), and what your ideal down time would look like (reading a book, going to the gym, sleeping, etc)
- Determine your plan. Define a target and figure out what you need to do to get that ideal life
It’s not always easy but I believe it’s necessary. Creating a positive environment and attitude will help push you along to create what’s important to you. YOUR life plan.
Dig This Article? Get More Tips from Nichelle...
Sign up for her fit mom newsletter and get her best information to help you balance a healthy life for you and the whole family.
If you’re looking to start a transformation take my free quiz and let me guide you.
- Share on Facebook
Leave A Comment