Who’s taking a beating as the warm weather makes its appearance? Between pollen, dust mites, and pet dander it’s no wonder a picture like this one will have you cringing!
Pollution and global warming have increased the allergy airborne triggers as well as increased the length of the allergy season. Here are some tips that can help you keep your reactions minimized:
1. Drink lots of water and have some turmeric tea. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory and a natural painkiller which may help with any side effects you are suffering from.
2. Close your windows if you are inside, and ensure you have a clean filter in your AC unit.
3. Eat a diet rich in anti-inflammatory foods that are full of allergy-fighting minerals and vitamins such as fresh, organic veggies and high-quality proteins.
4. Change your clothes if you’ve been outside for a period of time to avoid the spread of allergens. Use unscented laundry detergent in hot water when washing the clothes to eliminate the residue
5. Cover up your pillows and mattresses with breathable allergen-proof covers. These will prevent mites from reaching your skin as you sleep.
6. Bathe your pets more frequently and keep them away from your bedroom if you can.
7. Use a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture, and try to keep your indoor humidity levels between 25 – 50 percent (purchase a humidity sensor for accuracy and reliability measurements)
Implement these tips and you can survive the summer allergies!
- Share on Facebook
Leave A Comment