True North Protein Pancakes
These are pretty much like my regular Protein Pancakes but without the dollop of Greek yogurt, and the strawberries are of different consistency. Makes for a colorful, easy, tasty breakfast packed with protein, good carbs, and fibre. Perfect way to start your day especially on Canada Day!!
All you need is:
35 gms (measured uncooked) oatmeal (I use Quaker quick oats)
1/4 cup water
4 egg whites
1 scoop protein powder (I used Cygen Labs ISO 90)
Sprinkle of cinnamon
75 gms strawberries
1 small banana (optional)
Cooking spray (I used coconut cooking spray)
1. Add water to the oatmeal then microwave for 1 min.
2. Add in egg whites and stir in protein powder and cinnamon to make a batter.
3. Blend the strawberries to make a liquid consistency.
3. Once batter is a nice consistency, add batter to a heated and lightly sprayed pan.
4. Cook both sides and top with the blended strawberries, and banana (optional). Enjoy!